WHPS School Policies - Health Officer Orders - CDC
January 2022 Reminders
- While the level of transmission in LA County is so incredibly high, we are reminding everyone to take all possible precautions in your outside activities so we can keep school open and safe.
- Reminders about outside activities.
- Anyone who can get vaccinated should do so as quickly as possible. Current information about vaccine effectiveness against Omicron:
- Pediatric vaccine FAQs
- Immunity from a past infection does not protect from Omicron (5x more likely to be reinfected).
- 2 doses of mRNA vaccine = approx. 35% effective against infection / 70% effective against hospitalization.
- Booster = approx. 70-75% effective against infection.
- ALL staff and Elementary (TK-5th grade) students are currently required to twice weekly.
- ALL Preschool students are currently required to test once a week.
- On-site saliva swab testing takes place:
- Oxnard Campus - Tuesdays and Thursdays during the normal school day.
- Collins Campus - Thursdays during the normal school day.
The color-coded table simplifies safety recommendations and requirements.
Safety Guidelines & Recommendations
STAY WITH YOUR HOUSEHOLD ONLY (when possible)
- Stay home when you can except essential errands.
- Maintain proper hygiene, masks, and social distancing when out in public.
INFORMAL GATHERINGS & PLAYDATES
- Outdoors very strongly recommended
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Wear masks at all times when not immediately eating or drinking.
- Provide a place to wash or sanitize hands.
RESTAURANTS (outdoor strongly preferred)
Current LA County Department of Public Health Quarantine & Isolation Instructions
REQUIRED SAFETY MEASURES (everything in this section is required)
TRAVEL (CA Department of Public Health 12/2021)
COVID-19 INFECTED INDIVIDUAL
- 5 day quarantine with required negative PCR test on/after Day 5. WHPS staff and students must be tested prior to returning to school.
- Day 0 is the date of symptom onset or positive test, whichever occurred earlier.
- An antigen test is required on/after Day 5. With negative results and no fever or symptoms, to return to school on/after Day 6.
- Vaccinated individuals who are exposed do not need to quarantine unless they develop symptoms. However, they may be required to get tested before returning to school.
EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 INFECTED INDIVIDUAL
- 5 day quarantine with required negative antigen test on/after Day 5.
- Day 0 is the last date of exposure.
- An antigen test is required on/after Day 5, with negative results and no onset of symptoms, to return to school on/after Day 6.
COVID-19 Protection Plans & School Policies
School COVID Notification Procedure
- Class Notice - Email - When a class member is exposed to a COVID+ case off campus.
- Campus Notice - Email - When there is a confirmed COVID+ case in your child’s division.
- Exposure Notice - Text & Email - When your child is determined to be a close contact to a COVID+ case. All close contacts must test and may be required to quarantine according to the Exposure Management Plan.
- LA County Department of Public Health Information & Resources: