- What's the difference between private and public elementary school?
- How does the school foster out-of-the-box, divergent thinking to support gifted, talented and advanced learners.
- What's the difference between Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten.
- How can an individualized approach maximize your child's success?
Program designed to meet the unique needs of gifted & talented children.
All classrooms have two highly qualified full-time teachers and an average student-teacher ratio of 12:1. Students benefit from a large, diverse peer group while also receiving extensive individualized attention.
Columbia University's Balanced Literacy program helps students reach their full potential as readers and writers.
Exclusive Science & Nature Center with over 70 animals goes beyond hands-on learning!
STEAM Engineering and 3D Printing curriculum.
A unique approach to teaching social skills and leadership.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Lori Getz, and her organization Cyber Education Consultants, provides workshops, professional development, and consulting services to more than 100 schools across the country. Lori is an educator, mother, and Internet safety expert. She has appeared on the "Dr. Phil Show," "Today," "HLN," "Dr. Drew," and other news and radio programs (including the Ryan Seacrest show on KIIS FM). Lori has been published several times including as an online expert for momlogic.com, and was most recently featured in Rachel Simmons’ new edition of “Odd Girl Out,” and “Parenting a Teen Girl,” by Lucie Hemmen, Ph.D. Her insight comes from both her professional and personal life working with children, tweens, and teens.
Workshop Schedule on January 31, 2018
3:30-5:00 PM - Joint Parent-Child Session for 4th & 5th Grade Families
This program is designed to help bridge the gap between a young generation of digital natives and their parents and teachers and facilitate meaningful conversations regarding:
- Screen time
- Social networking interactions
- Digital footprint
- Brain development and screen time
- Tools to create good habits from the onset
- Practical tips - where to keep technology and how to manage it
- New information from American Academy of Pediatrics
- Role modeling
- Redefining internet safety - a full explanation of how kids use technology, how to keep them safe; rules and guidelines worth implementing