Are you wondering...
- What's the difference between private and public elementary school?
- How does the school foster out-of-the-box, divergent thinking to support gifted, talented and advanced learners.
- What's the difference between Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten.
- How can an individualized approach maximize your child's success?
Saturday, November 4, 2017 | 10 AM - NOON
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 | 10 AM - NOON
Parents have coined the term boutique experience when referring to Woodland Hills Private School, which is designed to encourage leadership, independence, responsibility, self-reliance, creativity, and critical thinking. The school's award-winning program is rooted in the belief that the social and emotional curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum. Teachers are deeply engaged in professional development and work as a team to support every student’s learning. Parents participate in a warm, inclusive community and become partners in their children’s education. All of this results in students who have a strong academic and social-emotional foundation for life.
Program designed to meet the unique needs of gifted & talented children.
All classrooms have two highly qualified full-time teachers and an average student-teacher ratio of 12:1. Students benefit from a large, diverse peer group while also receiving extensive individualized attention.
Columbia University's Balanced Literacy program helps students reach their full potential as readers and writers.
Exclusive Science & Nature Center with over 70 animals goes beyond hands-on learning!
STEAM Engineering and 3D Printing curriculum.
Student leadership program.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017 @ 6:30 - 8:00pm
22555 Oxnard Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Back by popular demand!
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Todd’s current focus is on the application of systems thinking and design thinking to early childhood education and parenting. Todd was named a Teach with Africa Fellow in 2017, presents internationally on early education and child development topics, and currently instructs at Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School, as well as UCLA, Mission College and SMC.
TACKLING CHALLENGING BEHAVIORS
At this event, Todd will discuss how to tackle challenging behaviors with children. The discussion will focus on:
- “Misbehavior" is a skill gap.
- Using a systems thinking mindset to deconstruct problem behaviors.
- The power of language in shaping power conflicts.
- The role of physical choreography in conflict resolution.
- It’s not what you know, but how your practice.
Space is limited, so please RSVP.
Many parents ask the question: "Why preschool is important?"
Here are just a few insights into the benefits of attending a preschool program...read more